On Tuesday
our three guests left for Budapest and came back late Wednesday night. During
that time alone with my family it got really boring and gloomy. We did lots of
cleaning and went to school regularly.
On Thursday
mom and our guests finished up all their souvenir shopping in Vienna. Us kids
went to school. After that grandpa took public transportation all by himself
down to the war museum. He really liked it. He noticed on the directions he was
given to get to the museum, that there were no directions to get back home.
This was not a problem but grandpa got suspicious after that.
On Friday
they went down to Baden to the Romertherme and grandpa and auntie Caryn sat in
the Saunas(Textilfrei). Grandma and mom sat in the warm natural sulfur
bath(with Textils). After the relaxing morning they headed to the Schönbrunn
where they saw The Magic Flute, a marionette theater production. It is an opera by Mozart, written right here
in Vienna.
On Sunday we
went to church and had a pretty normal day. On Monday all the kids in school
got a day off so we could say goodbye to Grandpa, grandma and auntie Caryn, as
much as we hated to do so. The rest of the day was spent cleaning our house.
The week was a normal week in our house other than the fact that dad was in
Turkey until Wednesday.
| They have matching eyes |
On Friday Dyllan and Deagan got the day off school
because of Parent Teacher Conferences. I had to go to school though. After
school I had a soccer game against the rival team of my school, Vienna
International School. The game went really well, I scored the first goal, but
then they scored four goals. The game was almost over when I tried to score one
more goal. I jumped up to hit the ball with my head and instead somebody’s chin
hit me right on my left cheek bone and it was swollen out an inch and a half in
a matter of seconds. When I got up off the ground I got kind of worried when I
heard a kid say, “look at his face” and “It was already like that, right? (said
the goliath defenseman that ran into me)” but I was most worried of all when my
team mate yelled, “Holy Sh**”. I thought my eye had fallen out or something. I
was run to the nurse of the school, given an ice pack and told to go to the
hospital just in case. Luckily nothing was broken, just badly bruised. They
told me I can’t do sports for a week so that makes me really mad.
| 3 days later |
| Dinner on Conference Sunday |
Saturday was
spent at home with my two brothers with ice on my face while the rest of my
family went shopping. At about 6:00 we plugged our computer into the TV so we
could watch live streaming General Conference in English. This is only
televised 2 times per year so instead of going to our regular church meetings
we have the chance to hear our worldwide church leaders speak. With an 8 hour
time difference between here and Salt Lake some of the sessions happen at weird
times. The next session was at 10:00 so I got sent to bed. On Sunday we watched
the afternoon conference from Saturday and just sat around at home waiting for
conference of that day to start.
| Danyon was so tired after everyone left, he fell asleep in the cart at the grocery store. |
That’s been
our week from my point of view and hopefully next week mom will be back in the
mood to type the blog herself.
No comments:
Post a Comment