

It seemed to be pretty busy this week. Dane had more soccer games. He scored another goal. This was a home game so we all got to watch it. They won pretty easily with a score of 10-1. Dane had another tournament in Budapest on Saturday. They won all the games that they played there and won the entire tournament! Dane said that the team made history by winning the tournament because no B team has ever won it. I asked him if they played against A teams as well. He told me, "no", so I don't know how you can have a B team not win, if there are no A teams playing. When I questioned Dane on that one, he said, "I don't know how it happened, they just told us that we made history." So, Dane is really enjoying playing soccer at the school. He gets a lot more game time and is really liking the team comradery.


Dan was off to Madrid on Thursday, and I got to go to the airport to pick up Marcus and Melissa. We were so excited to see them!! After settling in at the house for a bit, we headed off to downtown to see the sights. We hung out for a few hours and of course, had Kaisekriner for lunch. Marcus ended up being a walking zombie because he had not had any sleep on the plane and hadn't slept at all the night before that. He was very tired. We took him home so he could have a nap. Melissa and I visited and had a great time. That night, I sent them out on their own to go explore more of the town. I headed down to the school to pick up some soccer girls from Warsaw. As part of Dane being on the soccer team, one of the requirements is that we house a couple of players from other schools, one time per season. It just so happened that we were assigned on the same weekend that we had our friends here. That put kind of a draw back on the weekend, but it all turned out ok. The girls were very nice and pleasant and we didn't mind their stay.
Friday, I took the soccer girls to the school for their tournament. Marcus and Melissa got a pretty late start, so I just sent them to the Schonbrunn so that they could take a look at that part of the neighborhood. The girls came home with the kids on the bus, so that made things very easy. That night, Marcus and Melissa went to Figlmuller and had the Wiener schnitzel. They are big fans of Zanoni and Zanoni ice cream as well! Dan arrived back at the house that evening and we all hung out and visited at home. We couldn't go anywhere because we had the soccer girls with us.


Saturday, we dropped Dane off at the school to head to his tournament and we dropped the girls off for the last time for their tournament as well. We were free!! We headed to Prague. We spent the evening checking out the area and hanging out downtown. We tried a local restaurant. After our dinner, we headed back to the hotel to put the kids to bed. The next day, we took a historical tour of Prague. The guide really likes his job--what was supposed to be a three hour tour, turned into five. We only had time for the tour that day. We saw just about everything there was to see in Prague and we learned a ton from the tour. It was great!


Monday, we headed down to Zotter Chocolate Factory. Although the chocolate is very good, and I had absolutely no problems with eating all the samples, I think that going twice in the same month is far too often. It will be awhile before we go again, I hope. We had a great time exploring the Styrian region and had a great time with our friends. We had to drop Dan off at the airport on our way home, as he was headed to Madrid, again.
Tuesday was a sad day. It was time to say goodbye to Marcus and Melissa. We had a great time with them and hope that they decide to come back soon!!
No comments:
Post a Comment