Although we said that we would be totally relocated and done by the end of September, that has been a pipe dream. Our relocation people in Vienna have been a nightmare to work with. We don't have any of the closure information for our apartment in Vienna. Although we were supposed to be completely done by September 30, with the hand over of the apartment, we are not done. We still haven't even been informed on anything over there. We don't know how much we will be required to pay, what expenses they are actually going to reimburse, or what has been done or not. They were supposed to close all of our accounts by the end of August, but we have received two bills from the phone company and an insurance company for our service in September. So, they didn't actually close out our accounts over there. This has become a huge frustration and the company has hinted that it might be several months before we can get this fully reconciled. I told Dan to tell them that as per the relocation companies request, our bank accounts will close by the middle of November. I figure that, that is long enough for them to figure things out. Whatever doesn't get taken care of by that point, we will not be responsible for. If we no longer have Euros to pay the bills, I don't think that we should be responsible to pay. I feel like three months should be long enough to figure out the final bills.
I have been working on getting the house cleaned up. It seems like that is a never ending project that stays on the to do list forever--like laundry. Danyon and I have decorated the house for Halloween. It is fun to have the Fall decorations up. The kids are excited to have a "normal" Halloween again. They want to decorate the car for trunk or treat, but are really excited to go regular trick-or-treating. I have been slower to work on costumes this year. I need to get on it. As the kids have reminded me, only 21 days left! I was able to go to the new Indianapolis temple this last month. It was my first time going. It was beautiful! I went with the youth group from church. I have been asked to teach the 16 and 17 year old girls at church, so I will be going to their weekly activities, too. I went to a lunch bunch with some other women from the church this week. They go out to lunch once a week. It was good to meet new people. I don't know if Danyon and I will go every week, but we will probably try to make it once a month. My afternoons are completely full of taxi duties. Having family dinner is proving to be a hard task--sometimes we can't sit down together until 7:45 or 8:00, but we are managing. There isn't a day in the week that we don't have something going on. It's good to busy, right???
Dane has finished up his cross country season. He has a rough go with his strained hip flexor. He seemed to get healed up by the end, and was making some progress. He did PR (personal record) for his last meet. He ran it in 11:56. I think if we had more time, or if he didn't get injured, he would have done even better! It is weird to not have him in any sports for a few months. He would like to play soccer and do track and field, but they don't start until spring. To keep him in shape, I signed him up for piano lessons. How is that keeping him in shape? Well, he will have to run to the teachers house--about a mile and a half every week. It's not enough to keep him in shape, but it is a help! He is trying out for the Junior All State band in saxophone. He is just staring to practice the try-out material. Hopefully, he will be able to participate in that!Dyllan is doing well. She is liking her swimming. It is turning out to be work for the parents, too. Both Dan and I spent 6 hours each, volunteering at a swim meet yesterday. It was fun to watch the swimmers, but Dyllan was not in the meet. In this swim club, we have to put in at least 30 hours of "volunteer" time during the season. She is studying her states and capitals in school, and is eager to work on school projects. She is adjusting very well, now.
Deagan is doing well. He is so excited about hockey. He loves it. He has had 3 practices so far, and has been so excited for every single one. It is fun for Dan to see someone so excited about hockey. Deagan has spent several hours in the basement on the artificial ice, practicing his shots. We love his enthusiasm and his willingness to work on it. The other kids love their sports, but don't always put in the additional practice time. He is doing better in school. He has a big book project due this next week. He has to do some book character analysis, make his character out of a pumpkin, and then do an oral report on it all. We have been working on that a bit this week.

Danyon is potty trained!!!!! No more diapers at our house!!!! Whooohoooo!!! That is huge news for us. We are so excited for him and us!! He is growing up--I had appointments for all the kids to go to the dentist, but it was Danyon's first. He did great. He just sat there and opened his mouth. He was very relaxed and did what he was told. He is loving his swimming class. He asks almost every day if it is his swimming day. He has so much fun with his friend, Ethan. He is getting to be a talker. At the lunch bunch, he talked the ear off of several people. Some things are hard to understand, but he is getting much more vocabulary now. My favorite thing to hear him say is, "Dinner's lllleady" (Dinner's Ready).
I'm so glad you still post about what your family is doing! Life may not be quite as exotic, but you are definitely always busy! We miss you guys, and are hopeful that we can connect before long, since you are closer now!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you still post about what your family is doing! Life may not be quite as exotic, but you are definitely always busy! We miss you guys, and are hopeful that we can connect before long, since you are closer now!
ReplyDelete