Sunday, November 23, 2014

All I Want for Christmas Is . . . --Woche 41

I did it!!!  I finally made dinner rolls that turned out beautifully!  This is something that I have been working on for at least 15 years, with this being my first successful attempt.  You can see how tempting they were, as the kids and Dan couldn't keep their hands off them long enough to even get the picture. 

Some other good news:  We officially started a new family tradition this year!  Dan is now taking each of the kids out separately for their Christmas shopping.  Usually we would probably do this in December, but the kids are very excited this year.  Dan and I have been working on getting all of our shopping done early so that we can enjoy December--(a little brag note here, we are 95% done AND wrapped--the 5% left being finishing up Dan's gifts, and wrapping the gifts that are sitting in Indiana, waiting for Dan to pick them up).  The kids have caught the same bug.  They wanted to get all of their shopping done early too (before Thanksgiving, if possible).  Dan came home from Antwerp this week, and jumped immediately into the holiday mood.  He has been out on three dates this week, none of which were with me!  The kids all had lists of things that they had come up with on their own to give their siblings.  I love how the Christmas spirit of giving rather than receiving is really coming alive in our home.  Dan's favorite quote of all the shopping trips was from Deagan, "When Grandma opens this, her eyes are going to pop out and she is going to pee her pants!"  I don't know what it is, as I love the suspense just as much as any of the kids, and I can't wait to see if I pee my pants too!

On that note, I thought it might be fun to document exactly what the kids are all wishing for this Christmas.  It is fun to see how some tastes change, and others don't.  So here goes:


Dane's Top 3:  I would like Lego Galactic Titan, Lego Battle for Ninjago City, and Magic Cards
If Dane could have one wish come true, it would be:  Having all the Lego sets in the world and having them all made so he could play with them and not have to search for missing parts.
Dane's favorite holiday tradition is:  the advent calendar.  He loves that Austria has really cool ones with really cool toys (like Lego).
If Dane saw Santa Claus on the street, he would say, "All I want for Christmas is more Lego and whirled peas".
If Dane could be a character in the nativity, he would be "one of the three kings, because they are smart and they were kings."
Dane's biggest fear at Christmas time is: He won't get any gifts!"
Dane's favorite Christmas song is "Carol of the Bells".
Dane would be sad if he missed, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, on TV.
Dane's favorite Christmas treat is:  Homemade chocolates
It just wouldn't be Christmas without "Grandma--or her gifts".


Dyllan's Top 3:  Kidizoom Smart Watch, Animal Hat Panda, Brown Boots
If Dyllan could have one wish come true, it would be:  to get a sister. 
Dyllan's favorite holiday tradition is:  When I go shopping with my dad.
If Dyllan saw Santa Claus on the street, she would say, "Is that really him?"
If Dyllan could be a character in the nativity, she would be "Mary, because it would be fun to hold a baby.
Dyllan's biggest fear at Christmas time is:  not getting presents
Dyllan's favorite Christmas song is "Silent Night"
Dyllan would be sad if she missed, White Christmas, on TV.
Dyllan's favorite Christmas treat is:  chocolates
It just wouldn't be Christmas without "my family".

Deagan's Top 3:  Playmobil Western Fort, Mini Ipad, Playmobil Falkenritterburg
If Deagan could have one wish come true, it would be:  to get the Western Fort from Playmobil
Deagan's favorite holiday tradition is:  opening presents
If Deagan saw Santa Claus on the street, he would say, "Can I please have a candy cane?"
If Deagan could be a character in the nativity, he would be "A king, so that I could be rich and help people.
Deagan's biggest fear at Christmas time is:  KRAMPUS!
Deagan's favorite Christmas song is "Jingle Bells"
Deagan would be sad if he missed, "Scooby Doo" on TV.
Deagan's favorite Christmas treat is:  Cranberry Pecan cookies and caramels
It just wouldn't be Christmas without "Santa".

Danyon doesn't really have favorites yet.  He really enjoys music, balls, and especially CARS!!!  I'm pretty sure his favorite Christmas song is "Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum, Santa's run off to the Caribbean"--that or "Grandma got run over by a Reindeer"--its so hard to tell at so young an age.  So far he has eaten every Christmas treat we have put in front of him and has really become quite the treat monger.  He tries to steal a treat whenever he can.  He has his mom's sweet tooth, for sure!!  When we all sit down at the piano to play, he needs to be right in the center, playing the piano with us, or sticking his head in Dane's saxophone whilst hooting along.

Dan's Top 3:  Single speed commuter bike, Tracht, Pictures of kids for the office
If Dan could have one wish come true, it would be: to get the whole month of December off to hang out with the family
Dan's favorite holiday tradition is:  oysters on Christmas Eve
If Dan saw Santa Claus on the street, he would say, "Ho, Ho, Ho"
If Dan could be a character in the nativity, he would be "a shepherd boy because then I could hang out with sheep and see and hear the angels sing.
Dan's biggest fear at Christmas time is:  not making it home in time for Christmas
Dan's favorite Christmas song is "Silent Night"
Dan would be sad if he missed, The Racoon's Christmas on TV.
Dan's favorite Christmas treat is:  Grandma Baker's Chocolates
It just wouldn't be Christmas without "music".


Allynn's Top 3:  Tracht, camera lens/gear, Hair removal system,
If Allynn could have one wish come true, it would be:  to have peace and harmony in our home always.
Allynn's favorite holiday tradition is:  this was a hard one to pick, as I LOVE all of our holiday traditions, but sitting in front of the tree, with just the Christmas lights on, a fire in the fireplace, Christmas music playing softly, and just time to sit and be grateful.
If Allynn saw Santa Claus on the street, she would say, "Hey, Dan--Go over there and see if we can meet the reindeer!"
If Allynn could be a character in the nativity, she would be "the sheep because there are no speaking parts, and I still get to go and see the Christ child."
Allynn's biggest fear at Christmas time is:  I forgot to get a gift for someone I love.
Allynn's favorite Christmas song is "that is practically impossible to choose, but I do love Guard Him, Joseph quite a lot."
Allynn would be sad if she missed,--not just sad, I would be devastated, if I missed Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas" on TV.
Allynn's favorite Christmas treat is:  any one that's in my mouth.
It just wouldn't be Christmas without "Christmas lights and my family."

Merry Christmas and Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope I stay "on a roll" with my bun streak through Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's.




No comments:

Post a Comment